Can I replace my mobile home with a new mobile home if I do not have 10 acres?

You can replace a mobile home in the same space that the existing mobile home is placed as long as the new home is no larger than the existing mobile home. All mobile homes require a permit. If a mobile home is being moved into Douglas County from another jurisdiction, it must have been manufactured within the last 5 years and pass a pre-move inspection. If the mobile home is being relocated within Douglas County there is not an age requirement but the mobile home must pass a pre-move inspection.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out how my property is zoned?
2. What is the minimum house size in Douglas County?
3. How do I obtain a building permit?
4. What is the requirement for a mobile home to be placed on a property?
5. Can I replace my mobile home with a new mobile home if I do not have 10 acres?
6. Can I place a mobile home on my property in order to care for an elderly parent or sick relative?
7. When are the public hearings for new zoning?
8. If I cannot meet a requirement placed on my property for setbacks or buffers, is there any way to be granted an exception to the rule?
9. Where can I find the zoning code online?
10. How do I divide my property?
11. What are the buffer requirements for a commercial property that is adjacent to residential property?
12. What is a modular home and what are the requirements for them?
13. What are the requirements for placing an accessory structure (i.e. detached garage, utility building, storage shed or barn) on my property?