The Douglas County Public Libraries are multi-functional and multi-disciplined library facilities with three branches.
ALL PROGRAMMING IS CURRENTLY VIRTUAL. CHECK EACH LIBRARY'S CALENDAR FOR VIRTUAL EVENTS.
Friends of the Library Book Sale
Come view our wide selection of new and used paperbacks, hardbacks, and children’s books for sale at all three of our library branches!
Donations are not currently being accepted.
All proceeds from our continuous book sales go directly to funding programming for all ages.
Have a question you'd like to ask a librarian?
Submit your query online through our Virtual Reference Form. Our Virtual Reference Librarian will do their best to answer your question within 2 business days.
- DC Public Libraries Youtube Channel
- Dog River Library Facebook Page
- Douglasville Library Facebook Page
- Lithia Springs Library Facebook Page
- Audiobooks on CD and e-audiobooks
- Books and e-books
- Music on CD
We carry the newest releases!
- Electronic databases and library catalog
- Genealogy and local history collections
- Reference books
Amenities & Miscellaneous Services
- Free WiFi access and public computers (library card required)
- Interlibrary loans
- Meeting rooms
- Programs for children, teens, and adults
- Reference assistance
- Summer reading club
- Voter registration
Getting a Library Card
- $25 annual fee for non-residents of Georgia
- Proof of residence, property ownership, education or employment in Georgia
- Signature of parent or guardian if under 18 years of age
Apply for a card online.
Internet Access to PINES
Visit the PINES Online Catalog. From here you can also access your library account information, place a hold, and renew materials.
Passwords are required to access personal account information-must present photo identification at library to obtain password.
- Dog River Library Code: WGRL-DR
- Douglas County Library Code: WGRL-DC
- Lithia Springs Library Code: WGRL-LS
West Georgia Regional Library System
Visit the West Georgia Regional Library System website. Look here for library information, Galileo links, and much more!
e-Books & e-Audiobooks
All current West Georgia Regional Library patrons with an account in good standing have access to the CloudLibrary. This gives you access to e-books and e-audiobooks, of which you can check out 5 at a time.
In addition, children have access to an exclusive catalog of children's e-books and e-audiobooks, E-Read Kids.
Can't find a book in our libraries?
You have a few choices. You can place the item on hold from a regional or state library to be sent to your local branch, ask for an Inter-Library Loan at your local branch, or suggest a purchase of an item through the WGRLS website. If you're suggesting a purchase, please be sure to select your local branch.