Elections & Voter Registration
Important Information for 2022 Douglas County Poll Workers
W-2s are currently being mailed out to Douglas County poll workers who worked during the 2022 calendar year. Documents will also be available on the Douglas County HR Portal beginning 31 January. Contact the Douglas County Human Resources Department to gain access to this portal.
Follow us on Facebook
The Board of Elections and its Director are responsible for conducting all elections in such a manner as to guarantee the secrecy of the ballot, and perform other duties as may be prescribed by law.
These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Appointing and conducting training for poll managers and poll workers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Preparing an annual budget and making and issuing such rules, regulations and instructions consistent with law as deemed necessary for the guidance of poll officers, custodians and electors in primaries and elections.
- Receiving and determining the sufficiency of nomination petitions of candidates filing notice of their candidacy
- Receiving the returns from all elections, computing, certifying and publicly announcing the results as soon as is practicable
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections web page contains general information for registration, election results, information for candidates, and more
- My Voter Page contains sample ballots, a poll locator, vote by mail information and application, early and more
- Online Voter Registration - Register to vote in Georgia or change your name and/or address on your current registration record
- Poll Worker Job Openings - Under the direction of the Douglas County Election Board, the Poll Worker ensures the eligibility of voters and explains voting procedures to ensure the conduct of a fair and accurate election
We welcome your feedback! Please find Douglas County Voting Survey (PDF) in the right-hand column, under Downloadable Documents. Complete the form, save, and email to our office or print and mail to our office.
- Where do I go to vote?
- What are the acceptable forms of ID that must be presented to vote?
- How often do I need to register to vote?
- I just moved, Do I have to change my voter registration?
- Where can I pick up the form to register to vote?
- Can I vote by absentee ballot?
- What identification do I need to register to vote?
- School is in session; do I vote at the same place?
- Can I vote at any polling place on Election Day?
- Who is my representative?
- I just got my driver's license; why am I not registered to vote?
- How can I get an absentee ballot?
- How do I know where to vote?
- I heard that I can absentee vote for no reason. Is this true?
- I heard that I can advance vote. Where do I go for that?