Building Permits & Inspections
Issued permits are for Building New or Remodel, HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning), Plumbing (including lawn irrigation systems) and Electrical work (including low voltage/security systems). Vinyl Siding is no longer allowed on New Single Family Dwellings.
Inspections may be scheduled via a voicemail system at 770-920-7333, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm.
Residential Building Permit Instructions in Spanish
Las instrucciones del permiso de edificio residencial estan dispenibles ahora en espanol. Usted puede tomar uno en el contador delantero en el departmento de servicios del desarrollo.
Douglas County Inspection Request
CALL 770-920-7333 or email: email@example.com
Yard Sale Permits
For yard sale permits, please call Pamela Daley at 770-920-7468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donna Bennett at 770-920-7201 email@example.com. Permits are only issued the week of the yard sale and only Monday through Friday until 2pm each day.
Land Disturbance Certification
The state is requiring that all people involved in land disturbance have a certification. For information on the certification process please refer to the Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission website.
As of January 2nd, 2020 the Douglas County Board of Commissioners has adopted the following changes to the International Code Council codes and amendments to the State Minimum Standard Codes:
- 2008 National Green Building Standard (NGBS) with 2011 Amendments
- 2018 Edition of the International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) with 2020 Supplements & Amendments
- 2017 Edition of the National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC) with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Green Construction Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC) with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC) with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC) for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa
Building Inspection Phone Line
The hours of the Building Department’s Inspection Line (770-920-7333) are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm Please take advantage of the 24-hour on line permitting and inspection request system through the Builder’s Radius Subscription Service.
Builders must have your State Contractor’s license, Business license and driver’s license in order to obtain a building permit from our department. If you have a qualifying agent that will obtain your permits, they must also provide their Qualifying Agent card, driver’s license and an affidavit with the specific property information, proper signatures and notarized in order to obtain a building permit.
If you have any questions, please contact the Building Department at 770-920-7201. You may also contact Builder’s Radius directly at 888-592-5336.
2023 Holiday Closings
The Building Department will be closed on the following business days:
New Year's Day - Monday, January 2, 2023
M.L. King, Jr. Birthday - Monday, January 16, 2023
Good Friday - Friday, April 7, 2023
Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023
Juneteenth - Monday, June 19, 2023
Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
Veterans Day - Friday, November 10, 2023
Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 23, 2023
Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 24, 2023
Christmas Day - Monday, December 25, 2023
Day after Christmas - Tuesday, December 26, 2023