Please apply on-line through the Human Resource Department.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE A CURRENT POLL WORKER.
Under the direction of the Election Board, the Poll Worker ensures the eligibility of voters and explains voting procedures to ensure the conduct of a fair and accurate election.
Poll Worker Qualification
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a current Douglas County Resident
- Must be a minimum 16 years of age
- Must have the ability to read/write/speak the English language, bilingual is helpful but not necessary
- Must be able to work a full day at the polls, Election Days are approximately 14–18-hour days
- Basic computer skills are helpful
- Must not hold a current Public Office position
- Is not a parent, spouse, child, brother, sister, father-in-law, mother-in law, son-in-law, daughter- in-law, brother-in-law or sister-in-law of a candidate whose name appears on the ballot in the precinct in which the poll worker will be assigned during a primary or election
- Must not have ever been convicted of a felony
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
Poll Officials, once selected, are required to attend a three-four hour training on policy, procedures and election equipment.
Poll Officials must work together the day before the election to setup the polling precinct and prepare for Election Day.
On Election Day, every Poll Official must arrive at their assigned polling location at 6:00am and will work until 7:00pm to ensure every citizen of Douglas County have an opportunity to vote.
There are four positions required for each polling location:
The Precinct Manager serves as the Subject Matter Expert on Election Policies and Procedures for their selected precinct. The fundamental duty is to ensure that their precinct is in compliance with the rules and regulations as prescribed in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated Manual and the Douglas County Election Procedures.
The Assistant Manager serves as the immediate back-up of the Precinct Manager. The Assistant Manager also serves as the Subject Matter Expert on Election Policies and Procedures for their selected precinct. The fundamental duty is to ensure that their precinct is in compliance with the rules and regulations as prescribed in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated Manual and the Douglas County Election Procedures.
The Poll Worker serves as the responsible party who searches the precinct listing of registered voters to ensure voters are eligible to cast their ballot on the Ballot Marking Device (BMD). They ensure the voters have completed the mandatory Voter’s Certificate, showed the appropriate identification and has returned the yellow Voter Access card upon completion of voting and issues every voter a “I’M A GEORGIA VOTER” STICKER.
Every Poll Official is compensated according to the specific positions. NO BENEFITS
Manager– Flat rate—$250.00
Assistant Manager - Flat rate—$220.00
Poll Workers– Flat rate—$170.00
The above compensation includes paid training, setup of precinct before election, and election day.
“The recruitment, selection, appointment and promotion of employees shall be in such a manner as to promote equal employment for all persons without regard to race, age, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, physical handicap or political affiliation.”