- 5 pm
- 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Animal Services Building
2171 Mack Road
Douglasville, GA 30135
If meetings are canceled, postponed, and/or rescheduled, notices will be given as required by law. All meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
There are seven citizen members of the Animal Control Advisory Board (ACAB). The County’s five members represent the four Douglas County Commission Districts and the County as a Whole, and are nominated by the respective elected officials to serve.
The appointments are made/approved by the full Douglas County Board of Commissioners. The City of Douglasville Mayor and Council appoint two members to the ACAB. A local veterinarian will serve as a non-voting member of the Board. A County government employee serves as Secretary to the Advisory Board.
Terms of office are for 2 years (some original appointments were for one year to provide staggered appointments). All members of the Advisory Board serve without compensation.
The Douglas County Animal Control Advisory Board’s duties are to:
- Study animal-related issues and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners
- Review and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners regarding ordinances relating to the control and welfare of animals in the unincorporated County
- Supply reports to the Board of Commissioners at such frequency as the board may require
- Other duties as prescribed by the Board of Commissioners