Landfill / Solid Waste / Recycling
Douglas County Transfer Station will be temporarily closed Wednesday, August 24, 2022 through Saturday, August 27, 2022. We will not be accepting any Refuse/Household garbage, furniture, or mattresses during this time. We will accept small residential bagged garbage ONLY on Saturday, August 27, 2022 in our recycling area. We will re-open on Monday, August 29, 2022.
Camp Rd. Convenience Center will be closed Wednesday, August 24, 2022 through Friday, August 26, 2022, due to the temporary closure of the Douglas County Transfer Station. Camp Rd Convenience Center will re-open on Saturday, August 27, 2022, until containers are full.
Douglas County Landfill will be open regular hours until further notice during the COVID-19. County Services Road used to be called Humane Society Boulevard, and MapQuest and other GPS devices still recognize the old street name. If you have problems locating us using the County Services Road address, please try:
1730 Humane Society Boulevard
Douglasville, GA 30133
Hours of operation:
Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
New Year's Day
M.L. King Jr. Birthday
Good Friday (Saturday)
Day after Thanksgiving
The Cedar Mountain Landfill services thousands of citizens and commercial accounts each month.
The Landfill and its solid waste and recycling programs are required by law to be self-sufficient that is supported by user fees (tipping fees) as opposed to tax dollars. The user fees go into the Landfill Enterprise Fund, which is responsible for all expenses incurred at the Cedar Mountain facility such as:
- 30 years of post-closure monitoring
- All operating expenses (salaries, insurance, equipment purchases and maintenance, etc.)
- Future landfill space development
- Landfill closure expenses
No tax dollars are spent for solid waste operations in Douglas County.
- Commercial Refuse In County Only $48 ton
- Construction/Demolition Waste: $60 per ton ($.03 per pound)
- Freon-loaded items (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners): $16 each
- Household Refuse: $7 per load up to 500 pounds
- Household Refuse County Residents Only over 500 pounds $48 ton
- Household Refuse with recycling: $5 per load up to 500 pounds
- Recycling Only: No Charge
- Tires up to 17 inches in diameter: $5 each
- Tires larger than 17 inches in diameter: $15 each
- Vegetative Waste (clean, with no other waste included): $60 per ton ($.03 per pound)
- Wood Chips/Mulch: Free (if you load it yourself)
Out of County Waste
- Commercial Refuse Out of County: $60 per ton (averages to $0.03 per pound)
- Out of County Refuse up to 500 pounds: $18 per load, over 500 pounds prorated at $.03 per pound
- Out-of-County Waste: $60 per ton
- Aluminum Cans
- Auto Batteries
- Cooking Oil
- Electronics (no televisions or monitors)
- Freon-loaded items
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Motor Oil
- Scrap Aluminum
- Scrap Metal
- Vegetative Waste (clean)
- Carboard/Mixed Paper
- Plastic (bags, bottles and jugs)
Prohibited Disposal Items
- Biomedical Wastes
- Hazardous Waste
- Liquid Wastes
- Printed Circuit Boards
- Radioactive Waste
Loading & Unloading Your Vehicle
Proper loading of your vehicle is very important for easy use of the landfill facilities. All recyclable items should be able to be unloaded first. Next should be all household garbage (kitchen, bathroom or bedroom garbage). All non-household garbage, both residential and commercial, should be loaded last. Yard waste should also be separated from the rest of the load and taken to the proper area.
All loads must be covered and secured. Uncovered loads, littering, illegal dumping, and scavenging are strictly prohibited, and violators will be prosecuted.
You Only Pay for What You Throw Away
Upon entering the Landfill, you will be directed to the Scale House where it will be determined what is being carried on your vehicle.
- If you are required to weigh in and weigh out, the computer will figure the difference between the two weights and generate the appropriate fee charge.
- If you have commercial garbage or any non-household garbage, including yard waste or construction debris, you will be required to have your truck weighed before you unload and after you unload.
- If you have household garbage only or household garbage with recyclables, you will pay the clerk and be directed to the proper location.
- If you have recyclables only, you will be directed to the Recycling Center.
- If you have recycling along with your commercial or non-household garbage, you will be asked to unload those items before weighing in so that you will not be charged for these items.
Wood Chips & Mulch
All clean and un-bagged vegetative waste (limbs, grass clippings, stumps, etc.) received at the landfill is chipped or composted. The resulting wood chips, mulch, and compost are available free of charge to non-commercial customers if you load it yourself.
Camp Road Convenience Center
The Camp Road Convenience Center is located in the Fairplay community on Camp Road just south of the Georgia Highway 166, and near the intersection of Georgia Highway 166 and Post Road. The operating hours are Monday through Friday from noon to 6 pm, and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- The Camp Road Convenience Center accepts residential-only refuse and limited recycle items.
- Fees are $7 per load without recycle items, or $5 per load with recycle items.
- The maximum size load allowed is a pick-up truck bed loaded evenly with the top of the bed. No trailers are allowed at this facility. Large loads have to go to the Landfill.
- No commercial disposal is allowed, and no construction/demolition or vegetative waste is accepted at this location.
- Recycle items accepted are mixed paper and aluminum cans.